DIAMOND HEIGHT SECONDARY SCHOOL
FOUNTAIN OF EXCELLENCE
43/45 WAIDI EWENLA STREET, IDIMU, LAGOS
NEWSLETTER FOR THE END OF FIRST TERM, 2019/2020 SESSION
Dear Esteemed Parents,
We express our sincere gratitude and appreciation to God the Almighty father for keeping the peace, providing the safety, security, prosperity and all the innovations and ideas needed to give our learners and family members the stamina to make progress.
To our parents, there is no doubt that our success this term was the outcome of the cooperation and contribution of DHS parent/guardians. Therefore, we express our profound gratitude and appreciate all of you. To be frank, our partnership with you has helped in the rapid growth of DHS, and Almighty God will bless you and enlarge your financial coasts.
Vacation officially begins today Friday, 13th December, 2019 but the Admin’s Office shall remain open for enquiry and sundry information requiring our attention. You may contact the Admin office on either of the following numbers –
Mr. Ariyo (school manager):08039504429,
Miss Tosin (accountant): 08134594441,
Miss Eniola (H.R): 07032973641, and
Mrs. Olayinka (secretary): 08050230212.
Parents should check their ward(s) academic results on the school website: www.thediamondhallschools.com. Use your ward's (child's) I.D number as a user name to log in. The result will be open for parents to check online starting from 20th December, 2019. Follow this process;
1) Log on to: www.thediamondhallschools.com. The website will open;
2) Click on school portal;
3) Then, enter your child user I.D and the password. The result will be displayed.
Note: use lowercase letters where necessary.
It was a busy term at the College and we all felt the effect of the intense and extremely positive and productive period. We did not only get students settled in for the daily academic routine but also attained too numerous milestones among which are:-
ACADEMICS AND CURRICULUM:
Some of the things I am particularly pleased to report are the new innovations in the school to boost our academic department so as to enhance teaching – learning.
a. The curriculum of the College was reviewed after research process that ultimately made staff to defend their subject curriculum.
b. New inclusions were made to improve our lesson plan in the school, for example Mathematics breakfast, handwriting lunch, etc.
c. Detention is a program for students who default.
d. Teachers were trained on teaching tips.
The above put together strengthened our Culture and practices.
New students joined the school this term and our appreciation goes to our amiable manager and teachers who helped them settle fast. As part of our orientation, they were taken round the school to further educate them about the school. Management Staff were very effective at ensuring they find the school as safe haven for learning to take place.
The College went in for some competitions this term, among them was our debate competition organized by Rotary club of Nigeria, District 9110 Lagos. Two students were selected from the senior secondary and they made the school proud with their performance. Seminars were also delivered by Rotary officials on English expressions and ways to having good success.
We also went in for the Channels TV Annual Track and Field Classics 2019 2nd edition Competition and twenty of our students participated. The Competition offers students opportunity to discover their talent in sporting activities. The event took place at Teslim Balogun stadium Surulere, Lagos. DHS is among very few schools invited in Idimu and its environs.
INTER /INTRA CLASS QUIZ AND DEBATE COMPETITIONS:
To build in our students necessary skills like oratory and public speaking skills, time management skills and vocabulary; we exposed them to various debate and quiz competitions. Aside the debates that took place in the School Hall, debate also took place in the classroom. While students were entertained by their peers the goal was to expose them to the above mentioned skills.
CCTV CAMERAS INSTALLATION:
We are glad to inform our parents that the school is working on the installation of CCTV Cameras in the school. The aim is to provide a more secured environment for the students and the entire community.
PARENTS TEACHERS FORUMS:
We want to appreciate parents, who turned out for the Parents Teachers Forum that took place on 19th November, 2019. We thank you for your unflinching support and love to the school. Observations were raised and many of them have been worked on and also appreciation was also given to the school for the standard she has maintained. You can read up the minutes of the meeting on our whatsapp platforms.
The school clubs and our life skills are functioning effectively. The children are learning with fun. You are reminded that each child is required to belong to at least one of the club and one group of life skill.
INFORMATION TO PARENTS:
While wishing our parents Happy Christmas / Holiday period, it would be appreciated to note the following:
1. Registration for WAEC and NECO is ongoing. Parents are advice to register their ward(s) on time to avoid late registration penalty. For further detail contact Mr. Ariyo on 08039504429.
The extension classes for SSS 3 and JSS 3 continue next term between the hour of 4:00pm and 5:00pm. Also, there will be classes for them on Saturday from 9: am to 1:00pm.
2. We are in Harmattan season; each student should come with the school’s approved cardigan. Unapproved cardigans are unaccepted in the school as they will be seized. Please approved cardigans are available in the school store.
3. Please take your ward for medical checkup where necessary. You may need to de-worm your ward if you have not done so. A sick child should not be sent to school. Rather he/she should be giving proper medical attention. Please always inform the school whenever a scholar is absent from school due to ill health.
4. We urge our parents to please assist us in ensuring that our children dress in their complete set of uniforms before coming to school on a daily basis. The boys are to wear their hair low, neat and well managed; while the girls are to conform to the weekly hairstyle as instructed by the teachers. Parents are reminded that hair attachment and extension are not allowed, and consequently, no child with such will be allowed entry into the premises. Scholars are enjoined to be well groomed with neatly cut finger nails, good manners and high sense of discipline at all times.
Furthermore, school shoes are covered black shoe with no heels and canvas for sports days. Approved socks are Available in the school store.
5. Some of our students have out grown their school uniforms therefore parents should procure new uniforms for them in the school to avoid “Sagging” their trousers in an attempt to bring it down to their ankles. (This is notable among boys). The school also frowns at boys’ overt riming their trousers. Parents should please note this and discourage this act.
6. The use of electronic hardware like Laptop, Ipad, Ipod, Cell phones and MP3 players are not allowed in the school. Please note that if these items are seized from students, it will not be returned. Laptop when brought to school on teacher’s instruction should be registered with the school admin or the principal.
We want to use this medium to thank our amiable parents for providing for our students. Please note that we will appreciate it more if those still owing pay up the balance of their school fees before resuming. The school may have no choice but to prevent your ward from entering into school.
We appreciate you for complying as it would enable the school meet up with some of her commitments. We enjoin parents to settle bills for the upcoming term before school resumes to enable us serve you better.
School fees should be paid to the bank, cash payment is not allowed. All cash payment attracts #500 extra.
Bank = FIRST BANK
Account name: Diamond Hall Educational Limited
Account number: 2032258769
Account name: Diamond Hall Educational Limited
Account Number 2: 2032288519
NOTE: there is a minimal increase in our tuition, for many years tuition have not been increase. This is done to serve you better.
Activities for next term:
- Theme: 2nd termtheme is colours. Get ready to go into the adventure of the color world.
- Polka dots and creativities days.
- Campaign and prefects inauguration.
- Dignitary visit.
- Parents welcome / appreciation dinner party, Saturday January 18th 2020, Time: 4pm
The entire DHS community wishes our families a joyful end of the year and Happy Holidays. The second term of this school year promises a lot of fun learning activities.
School shall resume on Tuesday 13th January, 2020.
We are grateful for your commitment in providing a sound education for your children; your sacrifices will surely be rewarded in Jesus name.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE